What are Addons and Scripts?
- Memrise + (Google Chrome , Opera ) [Repository]
- Memrise Button (Google Chrome) [discussion thread; thanks to raneksi]
- Memrise Uploader (Mozilla Firefox)
- Memrise Handler (Mozilla Firefox)
- Save to Memrise (Google Chrome)
Most browsers require an extension to run user scripts.
- For Google Chrome, we recommend Tampermonkey
- Firefox has Greasemonkey
- Safari has Greasekit (which requires SIMBL).
- Some userscripts will run in Opera without any extension.
- Internet Explorer has had extensions for user scripts in the past, but none of these seem to be currently available.
Unfortunately, since each of these are implemented a little differently, it's impossible to guarantee that every script will work on every browser.
Memrise Learning Hacks
- Forgive Accidental Typos [discussion thread; thanks to raneksi]
- Timer Disabler [thanks to carpiediem ]
- Better Hotkeys for Multiple Choice Questions [discussion thread; thanks to raneksi]
- Add Preview & Auto-Grow Buttons to level pages [discussion thread ; thanks to carpiediem]
- Automatically Pause Watering & Gardening [thanks to carpiediem]
- "Water Wilting" Button on home page [this script might be outdated; thanks to dave114]
- Avoid accidentally opening review panel with down arrow [discussion thread; thanks to carpiediem ]
- Add Words to a Custom List [discussion thread; thanks to carpiediem ]
- Show Total Item Counts on Home Page [discussion thread ]
Memrise Design Hacks and User Styles
- Memrise Minimal Design [discussion thread; thanks to Andy]
- Minimal Interface Hack [discussion thread; thanks to kevinmcdonagh ]
- Memrise dark theme [discussion thread; thanks to katsushii ]
- Memrise Remove Premium (removes pink premium buttons and functions that are unusable for non-premium users)
- Memrise Cleaner Look
Memrise Media Blocker
- Keyboard Shortcuts:
- Block Audio: Control-Shift-x
Unblock Audio: Control-Shift-z
Other User Scripts
This list may be incomplete. You can find additional user scripts at UserScripts-Mirror.org (The original site went down, & until search is reimplemented, you could use Google's "site:" search.)
- Forvo Pronunciation Integration (requires a Forvo API key) [discussion thread; thanks to Queefmeister ]
- Check Chinese Pinyin vs. English when Typing [discussion thread; thanks to carpiediem]
- Chinese Character Decomposition & Stroke Order [discussion thread ]
- Japanese: Check whether to answer tests in Hiragana, Katakana or both [thanks to kaikoro]
- LaTeX Math Notation [discussion thread ]
- Memrise Crawler (PHP) [discussion thread ] *broken as of 8 June 2013*
- Word Count Logger for Beeminder (Python) *broken due to being removed*
- Sunrize.me account statistics (Ruby source code ) *broken as of 26 July 2013*
- Memrise Dictionary Android App (source code ) *broken as of 15 July 2013*
- Memrise API Wrapper (source code ) *broken as of 2012*